Ten local businesses and organisations have received commendations by Action Renewables for their work in furthering the renewables industry and outstanding renewables practice in Northern Ireland at this year's Action Renewables Association Awards.
Now in their seventh year, these prestigious industry awards received their highest entry rate to date this year, further supporting the belief that renewable energy is growing in popularity and practice across Northern Ireland.
Winners at this year’s Action Renewables Awards included:
– Most Successful Renewable Heat Installation – I&T Forgrave, Ballymoney.
– Best Renewables Installation within the Education, Healthcare and Public Sector – South West College: Centre for Renewable Energy and Sustainable Technologies (CREST), Enniskillen.
– Outstanding Award for Work in the Renewable Energy Sector in NI – David Surplus, B9 Energy, Larne.
– Most Environmentally Sustainable Construction Project – NI Water, Stoneyford, Paul McAllister Architects, Portadown.
– Most Successful Renewable Electricity Installation – Kingspan, Portadown.
– Best Community Renewable Energy Project – Camphill Community Group, Glencraig.
– Best Energy Saving SME -Tory Bush Cottages, Newcastle.
– Best Planning for Renewable Energy Project – Ross Planning, Cookstown.
– Best Promotion of Sustainable Transport – Business Services Organisation, Belfast.
Speaking on behalf of Action Renewables, Director, Michael Doran, said, “Judging by the increasingly diverse range of entries received for this year’s Action Renewables Awards, it is safe to say that renewables are widely embraced by businesses and organisations across Northern Ireland who are not only looking to reduce their environmental impact but are also encouraged by the significant cost savings which are associated with ‘going green’.”
This year’s event welcomed sponsors including Tughans solicitors, which has sponsored the Action Renewables Awards for the last five years, as well as a new addition, Dublin-based renewable electricity supplier, Vayu. “Tughans has been a strong supporter of the Action Renewables Awards for a number of years, said Maria O’Loan, Partner, Tughans. “We are so pleased to witness the growing strength of the awards each year, and are staunch advocates for the important work that Action Renewables is doing to increase awareness and uptake with renewable energy in Northern Ireland.”
Winners were chosen by an independent judging panel made up of industry experts and leaders in the field of renewables from across Northern Ireland, including Andy McCrea, Managing Director, Renewables Connect; Carol Forster, Operations Manager, Northern Ireland Environment Link; Geraint Ellis, Chair of Environmental Planning at Queen’s University; Jim Kitchen, Director, Sustainable NI; and Terry Waugh, Deputy Director, Action Renewables.
The awards were presented during a gala luncheon at the Belfast Harbour Commissioner’s Office.
T: (NI) 028 9072 7760 or
(RoI) 048 9072 7760
E: [email protected]