Estimating is the gateway to field service workflow. Whether your business creates estimates for new installations, routine maintenance checks or other service/ project bids, the process requires careful planning and attention to detail.
Though different businesses across the plumbing and heating industry might approach estimating in different ways, implementing a cloud-based estimating software has proven to be a valuable investment.
WHY DO PLUMBING AND HEATING BUSINESSES NEED ESTIMATING SOFTWARE?
An estimating software solution will cut the time it takes to generate the estimate and deliver it to clients. Businesses can automate calculations that would normally be done manually or entered into spreadsheets. You can quickly import information from a digital customer file, pre-build templates, digital supplier lists, or other cloud-based resources.
BUILDING A BETTER CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
Fewer pricing errors from manual data entry will not only improve accuracy, but also provide peace of mind to your customers. Accurate estimates improve your credibility as customers sense you have a better understanding of project and service costs.
With estimates housed in a cloud- based platform you’ll have an easily-accessible database for future reference, meaning you can keep track of all estimates, quickly pull information from past estimates and make it simple for entire teams to be involved in the process.
WHAT SHOULD YOU LOOK FOR IN AN ESTIMATING SOFTWARE SOLUTION?
Your business is unique, so it’s important to find an estimating software solution that works best for your individual needs.
Look for these three components in your potential software solution:
1) Personalisation – ensure the estimating software you choose allows you to personalise estimates to your business or provides templates that are easy to adjust.
2) Compatibility with other systems – make sure that you find something that integrates easily with your other software or processes.
3) Intuitive features – once you’ve implemented estimating software in your business, your processes for estimating should become intuitive, simpler and more streamlined.
Keep in mind that you don’t just want estimating software to solve your immediate problems – you want a solution that can help your business grow and scale.
With simPRO, generating estimates is streamlined and efficient:
• All processes including invoicing, estimating, project management and business reporting are streamlined for easier use
• Integrates with popular accounting packages (Xero, QuickBooks and Sage)
• Easily create estimates by importing information from schedules or customers cards
• Import supplier lists into your database and use those lists to add items directly to estimates
• Design personalised templates for estimates specific to your business
In addition to providing a wide array of features designed to make estimating easy, simPRO also provides powerful solutions for all areas of the field service workflow.